Thursday, April 24, 2014

Interview: RZA talks Man with the Iron Fists - Chicago Tribune

Interview: RZA talks Man with the Iron Fists - Chicago Tribune



excerpt of the above (hyperlinked) interview:
Luis: When did you become a vegetarian?
RZA: I became a vegetarian in 1995. I had some fried chicken and my teeth hit the bone. My mind said, “Dead bird, dead bird.” It didn’t feel right, so I stopped. I kept eating fish until one day in 1997 the chef brought my ginger fried snapper with the head still on it. I looked in his eyes and he looked in my eyes and I said, “You know what, kid? I don’t need this in my life.”
Luis: I’m no expert on vegetarian restaurants, so I wasn’t sure if you’d like this one.
RZA: When I was doing the color corrections for “The Man with the Iron Fists,” at Sony (Pictures Studios) in Culver City (Calif.), I had lunch at the Native Foods there every day. I know the menu by heart. You hit the jackpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krudas Cubensi-El Veganeo