Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MURS Keeps It Real











MURS Keeps It Real


West Coast lyricist MURS is known to get personal in his rhymes. This time he sat down with peta2 to give his personal take on his new album, being veg, and how we should send Mac Danzig over to KFC to handle some business.

Here he is in his own words.
Tell us about your album MURS for President.
It's my contribution to humanity's great oral tradition and it's my secret attempt to add some peace and love to the world of hip hop in a creative and fun but still aggressive manner. So I'm trying to trick everyone. Secretly I say the words peace and love on every song.
You pretty much have a nonstop touring schedule. How do you handle that?
It's like a religion and depending on what kind of artist - even if you're a phony of an artist or a televangelist - you're going and spreading your gospel from city to city. It's an oral tradition - musicians used to travel from city to city, and sometimes you get the best wine and the most available women, and then you move on to the next city, or in my case, a vegetable plate and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
When you're out on tour, where do you like to eat?
I can't even lie to you - I had Taco Bell last night at like 2 in the morning and I'm going to have it again for lunch. I love, love, love Taco Bell!
What are some of your favorite vegetarian snacks that you always have with you—that you can't live without?
I think mainly those - what do you call them? GORP? Good ol' raisins and peanuts. V8s are always good. That's one thing that you can't find on the road - fresh vegetables. All the myths about protein - the whole food pyramid - was concocted by the American government to help the farmers.
So you're a pretty healthy vegetarian.Exactly, we're the only species that still feels we need to drink the milk of others. And then we're the only being that drinks milk period as an adult. That's another thing that people think - that you can't be muscular or strong without eating flesh. Mac Danzig is an Ultimate Fighter and he is vegan. He could kick anybody's ass. I really like to see other vegan people doing things that vegans aren't supposed to do.
How do you feel about fur?
I just think that's insane! I think it's just all disgusting. It's gouty, it's pretentious, and it's a dead animal! And the people who wear fur and own little fluffy dogs that look the same as their fur - that is outrageous. Fur is just something I don't understand. It's not even hard to avoid. That might be the top thing I support for animals.
So would you consider those to be your last words of wisdom for your fans, or do you have anything else that you want to add?
Just have a common respect for life and a common respect for yourself. If you really loved yourself, you wouldn't put junk into yourself. And I think you guys should send Mac Danzig in there to punch those KFC people in the face.
If you agree with MURS that being veg is the way to go, please sign here today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krudas Cubensi-El Veganeo