Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Conversation with the Great Pharoahe Monch | The Kitchen Mix

A Conversation with the Great Pharoahe Monch | The Kitchen Mix (repost)



pmonch
“This rhyme, will remain in the minds of my foes forever in infamy
The epitome of lyrical epiphanies
Skillfully placed poems and carefully planned symphonies” – Pharoahe Monch
TKM: Pharoahe, let’s talk about food.
PHAROAHE MONCH: Let’s do it.
TKM: Alright, most important question – how does food relate to the creation of your music?
PM: It’s everything, man. Being a chronic asthmatic I realized that diet plays a big part in the reaction I have to food. So, it’s a big part of the change I’ve had to make in my life. So it’s everything to me right now.
TKM: What do you mean “a big part of the change?”
PM: I try to eat a lot cleaner.
TKM: You mean in terms of where the food you eat is coming from?
PM: I eat a lot cleaner in the terms of the way that food is cooked.
[Pharoahe speaks on his asthma a bit in this D-Nice interview]


TKM: OK, so you’re attentive to ingredients that are put into what you’re consuming?
PM: I stay away from processed food and stuff that has wrapping on it.
TKM: Ah, so you have a good understanding about the differences between real food and chemical-laden, preservative filled edibles.
PM: Yeah. I Try and eat more natural and as organic as possible.



TKM: You trying to gravitate to anything in particular? Any specific foods?
PM: For me, being asthmatic, one of the more simpler things that’s very key is water.
TKM: Yeah, I read that the majority of the people we see walking around us are suffering from ailments that are directly related to a lack of water. Asthma was one of the things mentioned.
PM: I try and drink tons and tons and tons of water. Water. Water, water, water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krudas Cubensi-El Veganeo