Sunday, February 2, 2014

Infinito 2017 | The Kitchen Mix

Infinito 2017 | The Kitchen Mix (repost)



infinito



1. How does food relate to the creation of your music (and your work on canvas)?
"Food has nothing to do with my music; my music is mainly centered on the African Diaspora. I think food in general is for “health” and survival, nothing more."
2. How would you rate your kitchen skills and are you comfortable in the kitchen?
"My cooking skills are pretty good I cook as a need and what’s needed to nourish my
body. I’m not worldly or materialistic so it’s not anything that excites me. I’m
pretty good in the kitchen for what I use it for."
3. I’m impressed by the quantity of visual art and music that you are able to put out and still maintain a high degree of quality and social integrity, where does the inspiration come from? Talk about work ethic and discipline. Advice?
"My work ethic comes from me being self driven and motivated. I give respect to my Mother and Grandmother for being so driven in their own work ethic. So I’d say my main family members are a motivation to me."
4. If I were to categorize your music by a region (ex. – Chicago Hip Hop, Southern Underground, Midwest) what would it be and talk about the food of the place that you claim.
"My creativity is based exclusively from the South Side Chicago and the entire African Diaspora worldwide and any of the Indigenous regions of the earth. My creativity is black / Nubian inside and out and full of culture and content."
 5. I’m a Nacrobats fan. Have continued to follow many of the members as they ventured off on their own paths. Can you talk about that experience and creating music within that collective?

"What do I say, I’ve made over 25 albums (tapes, CD and Vinyl) prior to any knowledge
of Nacrobats. I have made over 120 more projects during and prior to the connection. I have to admit that Nacrobats for me was just a very minute part of my music life. The connection to the Nacrobats crew for me is mainly like a partial collaboration for a small period of time. The only person in Nacrobats I have any connection with after 2004 is Thaione Davis. I mainly do all my work for Infinito 2017, Marcellous Lovelace and Joe Left Hand Records."
6. If you could artistically or musically collaborate with any artist, who would that be? Why?
"I’d work with Stevie Wonder because he seems to know what feels good in music
making as far as I’m concerned. I’d like to work with De La Soul, Madlib, Bob Power, The Roots, Sun Ra and someone like Norman Conners because they all know how to make vocals warm and the music nice and tight. Just to name a few."
7. Does spirituality play a role in your artistic creations? Explain.
"No, I’m not involved in any outer body operation with my creativity. It’s all a self
motivated process. I wake up and breathe, life alone drives me to create. Life is a gift so I will not waste it."


 8. What are your thoughts on food culture in America? Regionally?

"I think food culture in America is extremely poor and many people eat to feed an emotional need be it the lack of sex, money and opportunity. Based on my theory, America on a whole is completely materialistic and loaded with folk who drown themselves in waste matter and gluttony. The sad part about the underprivileged parts of the cities like the South Side of Chicago where I’m from is there aren’t many healthy options or diversified food choices, people are improperly trained to destroy themselves through diet, education, and social health on a daily basis."
2012 We accept EBT and Guns_copy
9. If you could have anybody (past, present, famous, family…) make you a meal who would it be and what would you like? Why?
"Someone who knows how to make a hearty and healthy vegetarian / vegan meal? I went to a place in Brooklyn, New York once that had some good tasting, vegetarian, meatless food."
10. Is there a recipe you would like to share with our readers or share with us to possibly try and feature?
"Veggie Tacos
Get you some vegetables any kind, possibly some ground tofu or veggie burgers. Red
Beans, rice. Some Taco Shells, any kind you like. Get you some lettuce, spinach etc.. Some seasoning, I use milk free taco seasoning for taste.
Cook all the peppers, onions, veggie burgers into large skillet until it’s all
grounded similar to the look of traditional Taco Meat. Mix in seasoning, etc …
Place in taco shells and eat. Hot Sauce and or Salsa etc as needed. (I’m not the type of person who wants anyone to know too much personally about me if they are not my immediate family)."
11. If I were to describe myself using food I might say: spicy, organic gottta-have-that-crunch, grass-fed, not too sweet, home cooked and satisfying meal
What would you say? How would you describe yourself?
"Sustainable, I’d say I’m something that lasts through all things."
12. Comment on the following – True or False: You are what you eat.
True, don’t eat pork or allow yourself to be fed diabetes based, high blood pressure junk. That’s just me… Oh don’t drink alcohol or intake any type of drugs. Man Up …
www.infinito2017.com
www.marcellouslovelace.com
www.twitter.com/infinito2017
www.facebook.com/infinito2017
www.facebook.com/marcellouslovelaceart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krudas Cubensi-El Veganeo